If cold December gave you birth
The month of snow and ice and mirth
Place on your hand a turquoise blue
Success will bless whate'er you do.
Prosperity, success, happiness and good fortune; open communication, protection against all diseases, regeneration, and strengthening.
Turquoise has been thought to warn the wearer of danger or illness by changing color. In the 13th century,turquoise was thought to protect the wearer from falling, especially from horses.
Turquoise is also believed to bring happiness and good fortune to all. It's said that turquoise attracts healing spirits, making it a premier healing stone.
Believed to be a protective stone, turquoise is worn to guard against violence and accidents. Turquoise is also a valuable amulet for travelers.
Healing powers Throat, lungs, asthma, teeth, depression, infections.
- The Turquoise is the birthstone of the month of December
- It is also the Wedding anniversary gemstone for the 5th and 11th year of marriage
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Sagittarius dates: November 22 - December 21
- Sagittarius - The Ninth Sign of the Zodiac: The sign of the Archer
- Ruling Planet of Sagittarius: Jupiter
- Alternate Birthstones of Sagittarius: Topaz, Beryl, Blue Topaz, Blue Zircon, Rubies, Lapis Lazuli and Citrine
- The word Turquoise is derived from the Greek word "Turkois" meaning "Turkish" because it was first brought from Turkey.
- It is a blue to gray green mineral consisting of hydrated copper and aluminum phosphate [CuAl6(PO4)4(OH)8*4H2O]. It is the only gemstone belonging to the phosphates family. It is a hydrous phosphate of aluminum with a small percentage of copper which gives it the blue coloring. When associated with iron the color tends to be greenish.
- Turquoise is formed over millions of years by a chemical reaction that occurs when water leaks through rocks which contain specific minerals such as copper and aluminum. The percentages of the minerals in the rock dictate the gemstone’s shade.
- Like diamonds, gemstones are graded by color, cut, clarity and carat weight.
I was born in december so it's my birthstone and I very often wear above set of necklace and bracelet. Just missing the earings ;]